Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome to the year "2010"

I'm amazed there's even an issue with what to call the decade.  But I suppose I shouldn't be.   Anyway, I'll probably call it "twenty-ten" no matter what "THEY" decide. :)

So here we are, another year older and hopefully, another year wiser.  But I suppose some of us do mentally regress.  Maybe too much bubbly on NYE is the cause of that. ;)  In any case, the blue moon has passed and now it's time for those time-honored traditions of New Year's Resolutions.   I say, don't bother!!  It's always seemed like a waste of time to me.  Why put off until 1/1/-- what you can do today?  "I'm gonna start that diet as soon as the new year comes....so I can have this triple-fudge cake tonight!"

Want to learn a new language and it's only July?  Buy an audio tape and get started.  Want to trim the fat around the spare tire but usually wait till after the holiday gorge-fest?  Stop procrastinating and hit the gym!   I'll admit that I'm guilty of the same thing.  But life is too short. And I'm realizing that more and more each day...as those days tick by.  There's no time for procrastination.  There's no time for New Year's Resolutions.  Each and every day is a chance to make a change in your life.  Or in someone else's, if you so choose.

So resolve to spend this year of 2010 to stop the procrastination.  Every time you stop and think "I should do this..soon", do it NOW!  Don't wait.  As my old boss at McDonald's loved to say..."You've got time to lean, you've got time to clean".  If you're taking the time to think about it, take the time to DO it.

That's my resolution for this futuristic-sounding year.  Me and my crafting A.D.D. are going to try new and exciting things.  Yesterday I did my spring cleaning...and I didn't even wait for spring!

Good luck to you all!  And Happy New Year!

-Tsuki

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year !!!

    2010 New Year's Fireworks show

    http://fireworks2010.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails