Monday, March 15, 2010

Crafty Interview #1 - LuckyPups Pet Supplies

I have a new feature here on the LittleGrayFox blog.  Each month I will feature a fellow artist/crafter by showcasing some of their work and posting my interview with them.

This month's featured artist is Kristen of LuckyPups Pet Supplies





Tell us a bit about yourself:
I'm a freelance graphic designer and work from home etching glass and making handmade pet products. I'm also the owner of a cream Pomeranian named Koda.

What made you want to take the next step and create a business?
For me, the classes I took in college helped me realize my focus was glass etching and mosaics. Naturally being a pet lover I wanted to use my skills to make a line of pet supplies and start my own business.














What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
My favorite things to do on a rainy day are sleeping in late, watching movies, and maybe catching up on Grey's Anatomy episodes.

Which item in your store is your current fave?
My favorite item in my shop is my black and white rhinestone dog bowl. I even made one for my dog, Koda.













What's the last thing you bought online?
The last think I bought online were Tim McGraw tickets. 7th row!

What are your business goals for 2010?
My business goals for 2010 are to increase sales and add more products to my pet line. I also want to start working on new designs for my mosaic dog bowls.

What are you most passionate about?
I am most passionate about details. I love paying attention to all the little details it takes to make a product look top of the line.

Lastly, do you have any advice for fellow crafters/entrepreneurs just
starting out?
I would tell them to have patience. It takes time getting your shop set up and waiting for that first sale. I would also say to create a brand identity. Being a graphic designer, having all of your promotional products matching is very important to me. It gives your shop a unique identity.

Thank you for reading along.  And special thanks to Kristen of LuckyPups!  Please check out her shop on Etsy to see more of what she offers.  You can also follow her on her blog @ LuckyPups Blog

~Tsuki

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for featuring me! I really love how it turned out!

    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Lucky Pups! I love your line!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails