Monday, July 12, 2010

Crafts, Berries and Bikes - OH MY!

{via}
It was a busy weekend for me! I spent most of the morning/afternoon at Urban Craft Uprising (updates w/pics tomorrow!). By the end of it, my feet (in flip flops) were screaming for some rest!

Sunday, Greg and I got up early and headed out on the Red Rooster Route. It's a self-guided tour of some of the local farms in the area. We visited nurseries, berry farms and a lavender farm. It was SO H-O-T! We picked fresh rasberries and strawberries at Biringer Farms. Then we picked a bunch of fresh blueberries at Bryant farms. And we ended at Lavender Hills Farm for some fresh lavender (I'm making lavender sachets for my shop, soon!).

We finished off the day with a nice bike ride (which helped create a cool breeze when speeding down hills). My feet are tired but it was worth it! If you're in the area, I highly recommend taking the tour. It's such a beautiful countryside. And if you plan it right, bring your swim trunks and spend some time on the river (just after Biringer farms)! :)

How was your weekend?

3 comments:

  1. OOO. tha turban craft uprising looked amazing. & love that photo. great summer pic for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. * i meant urban...oops. not turban. butter fingers on the keyboard i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like fun! i've not been to any farms out thisaways, but all that up north business is so far away...waaaah! :P

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails