Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Holy S#@T I'm Pushing 40!

I promised myself I wouldn't freak out! I know it'll be okay. I refuse to be one of those mid-life crisis people. I will not buy a sports car or become a "cougar" or whatever it is middle-aged women do. I am quite content and happy with the path my life is taking. However, when I hear myself say "I'm turning 36 tomorrow", it's a little scary and strange.

My best friend will be 40 this year. F O R T Y ! I can't even picture it. She certainly doesn't act 40; she acts like a 20-something. She also doesn't look 40; so she's lucky. I don't know if I look 36 (whatever 36 looks like) but I also don't think I feel 36. (whatever 36 feels like)

I guess when you get up to this point and really think about it, you realize just how short life is. If I'm as mobile as my grandma is at 75, I'll be happy. But it's not like she's doing anything adventurous or strenuous. I still have a lot of places I want to visit and a lot of things I want to do. And I hope that I get to do and see them. Only time will tell.

I certainly wish I had more money saved at this age. It seems like someone pushing 40 should have at least 1/2 their income saved...just in case. But I don't even have 1/2 a paycheck in the bank! :(

I promise I'm not freaking out.

I'm not huddled in a corner, curled up in the fetal position and crying myself to sleep.

I'm not going to take skydiving lessons and jump out of a plane just to prove I'm still young and carefree!

I'm going to enjoy my birthday and relax up in the San Juan Islands (starting tonight). And I'm going to remind myself that I ain't got it so bad. I'm not falling apart yet. I have a lot of steam left in me. I have a family and friends who love me. I have a great guy by my side. I have two pups who still wag their tails when I walk in the room. And I have a job. I have an income. I'm not on the street and I'm not struggling to make ends meet.

Thirty-six doesn't look so bad from where I'm standing.

So Happy (almost) Birthday to me!

~Tsuki~



10 comments:

  1. Happy (almost) birthday!!! i would never have guessed your 36. Have a super awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happppppy birthday :) , its okay to get older.It just means you know more than others! i would totally be older than be a teenager again for sure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! 36 isn't so bad. I just made it to 37 and I'm still okay... I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I wonder if, when I'm in my 40s, I'll be saying "I don't miss my 30s"...?

    Cuz right now, in my 30s, I say "I certainly don't miss my 20s!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!!

    Wow, if 36 is pushing 40, then holy crap I am pushing 50. Where does the time go?

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks! it certainly feels like it's flying by! I know my summer is! And I think it's because, this year, I have a lot more things planned ahead. So my calendar is made up of "upcoming things"...the dates stick out more. It's much more of a 4 weekends to get stuff done than a fly-by-night summer. :( Maybe I need to NOT fill up my summer schedule so I can spend more time just hanging out.

    Note to self: less craft shows next summer! More play-time!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails