Monday, August 9, 2010

Brides, Gimps and Whores! OH MY!

Another full weekend at the Fox household! Friday night, on our daily outing, Katie showed signs of limping and pain. A few years ago, she had trouble with her hind legs and we found she had arthritis on the spine and acute hip dysplasia. Luckily, I found a horse vet who had a miracle drug. After a year of injections, she was bouncing off the walls like a puppy again!

So it makes me sad to see her having issues again. I do still have my old (unused) needles and some of the drugs left. So when she didn't seem any better on Saturday, I gave her some injections. I'm hoping she'll start to improve after a few more days of it. It could just be old age, but I hate hearing her whine and seeing her struggle. She'll be 11 years old in a few months. Poor little fuzz-bucket!

Saturday afternoon, Greg and I were off to shoot another wedding. This time it was my friend and ex-boss. So it was a lot less pressure and more fun than the last because I knew most everyone there. The rain decided to show up and try to ruin the ceremony. But they had thought ahead and got a giant tent to cover the backyard. It was gorgeous!

Sunday, we were as lazy as could be! I suppose  I did accomplish somethings while lounging in the recliner! I made about 20 bookmarks for the upcoming Orcas Island Library Fair (this weekend). I'm hoping to sell a ton...but we'll see.

The computer virus is still wreaking havoc on our systems. Geek Squad is incredibly useless and a waste of time (and money). Don't bother! They really don't ever seem to know what they're talking about. I'm hoping I don't have to break down and buy another computer! But we'll see.

It'll be nice to get back online at home so I can upload some pics of what I've been working on! (Rather than my iPhone photos!) So keep your fingers crossed!

Once this weekend is over, I'm taking a hiatus from craft fairs till Xmas time. I want to really concentrate on getting my product line more cohesive and less scattered. I've also entered into a Plush contest and my entry is due by Sept 1....so I need to get on the ball with that. I won't give too much away, other than I'm basically making a crack whore plushy. Should be interesting!

3 comments:

  1. :( thats sad to hear about your doggie. Hope she feels better soon.
    I am really loving the sound of this plushy your making!!!!
    Cute book marks! you will do great this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bookmark turned out really cute!

    Poor little Katie, but I'm sure she'll bounce back. 11 ain't old. My childhood dog turned 17 this weekend. 17.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog! Visit and follow mine as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails