Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Your Morning Zen

Because I'm in some serious need of  it right now! Here's a life-sized water feature made tiny with my iphone Tilt-shift-gen app.

Yesterday's jury duty was a snoozefest! I understand the importance of jury duty. But, man, what a process! Hours upon hours of sitting around doing nothing. Just a lot of waiting. Then when it came to the jury interviews, it was a lot of questions and repetitive answers.

I was so worried I was going to be picked when they finally got down to it. They booted 6 jurors and moved me up into the jury box. Then after getting rid of 2 more, they finally let me go. I was the only one who answered one of their questions that nobody agreed with. I said I didn't fully believe in "innocent until proven guilty".  Nobody agreed. I thought I would be sent home right then, but they still kept me for 2 more hours. Ugh.

So when I finally got the boot, I let out a celebratory "YES!" as I left the jury box. Haha! Not that I mind being on the jury. It was just, by that point, I was so over the process. I hadn't slept more than a couple hours the night before. I had a migraine that refused to go away. And those hard, wooden benches were not being kind to my behind! So I wanted to get outta dodge, quick!

So I'm back at work and nursing the pain in my jaw from the temporary crown. Cannot wait to get that taken care of (but have to wait a couple more weeks)!

I had a friend pose an interesting question the other day that I wanted to get your input on...

If you could go back in time and tell your younger self one great piece of advice
...what would it be?

Pretty sure I answered "Floss." because of all the major dental issues I'm having later in life. But I would also mention something about not taking yourself for granted, learning that you have a lot to offer, and never settling for someone who doesn't appreciate that about you.

Of course, people with kids know that's a difficult task -- warning youth about how things that matter to them today are going to be trivial in the future. I have a 16 year old niece at home that I've had to stop myself from giving too much advice to. I know, at her age, I was waving off all the advice my own mother tried to give.

But if you could go back...and your younger self was willing to listen...what would you say?

3 comments:

  1. geeez...heavy. i think i'd tell younger me "people aren't mind readers. if you don't communicate, you can't get p.o.ed when things go sideways."

    fingers crossed for you that you don't have to go back to wooden bench land! :P (and i'm so glad you're back -- dullsville at the office yesterday.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jury Duty sounds FUN! lol. i still want to do it.
    Um there is so much that i would want to tell the younger me...but then everything i have learned from experience, i wouldnt have. you have to live and learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm I think I would say...Dont sweat the little stuff...enjoy it all more...That is such a great post:)
    Kisses

    Ps: I am hosting a sweet jewelry GIVEAWAY today :) Hope you will join in!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails