Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Halloween at the Office: CSI

I started my new job just under 3 weeks ago. After the first few days, I found out they were having a company-wide Halloween costume and decor contest. The entries were split up between each department. My department was the newest..and smallest with only 6 employees!  And when we got there, some of the departments had already started their decorating. So I didn't think it was worth it. Then a week later, I decided to give it a shot. I came up with the theme of CSI since my co-worker and I love reading the crime library online and we love Law & Order. A crime scene just seemed to be the perfect theme for us!

On the week of the competition, I finally started decorating. My idea was that we'd all wear black tshirts and I'd use yellow duct tape to make the CSI logo on the back. I used my trusty iPhone and it's apps to create ID badges for our badass alter-egos and also to make mugshots for our criminal alter-egos. You can't see them in the photos, but we had flashlights, latex gloves and booties to cover our feet!



I typed up rap sheets and made evidence bags (complete with detailed tags). I used masking tape on the floor to create the "chalk" outlines of the bodies. I used random fake body parts to create the scene - a band of misfits with a taste for hacking up victims broke into the office and killed everyone. I used my Polaroid camera as a prop and also took some crime scene photos with it.

My favorite part of the entire scene (besides coming up with our "names") was the brainstorming board. Using plain string, I connected evidence to the possible suspects. And we even had donut holes on the table, like true cops! I found a blank incident report and printed copies. I set one up in our typewriter as if we'd been typing up the report.

All-in-all it was a very detailed crime scene, down to the descriptions of the suspects and how each was linked to the crime. The judges came around yesterday morning and took photos. They loved how detailed everything was. And in the end, our department took 2nd place in the decoration part of the contest!  The prize is a pizza party, but I'm more happy about the bragging rights ;)


Here's my mugshot...I look like Where's Waldo!

And here's my favorite alter-ego name that I came up with... M. Urder-Schtop!


2 comments:

  1. That is such a cool idea:) Totally love the whole set up:) Well done
    Kisses my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahhaha you guys did AWESOME!

    there is NO WAY "western town" should've won out over you (laaaaaaaaaaame)!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails