Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tutorial - Product Labels

This one is quick and easy. It's just one simple way to make labels for your products. I was embroidering my Etsy shop name on the back of some of my stuff. But that was a bit time consuming. So I went to Michaels crafts and picked up some printable fabric.

What you'll need:
  • computer + ink jet printer
  • scissors 
  • printable fabric 
  • 10 minutes

Step 1 ~ open your photo editing program or MS Word. Make several rows of your "label" (I used my website address)





Step 2 ~ Grab your printable fabric and load your printer (read the package first!)




 
Step 3 ~ Print out your labels and let them dry. Remove the paper backing. (My package says to rinse under cold water - but I didn't because it came out of the printer completely dry)





Step 4 ~ Cut out your labels










Step 5 ~ Sew it to your project! If you're sewing a small plush, you can fold the label and sew it where the two ends meet (tucked into your fabric)






My suggestion is to make sure you leave plenty of space between each label line. I didn't leave enough, so it came out uneven when I cut it. Luckily, they're quick and easy, so I can just make more!


Whaddya think?! How do YOU label your products?

3 comments:

  1. what a great idea. i haven't had the need to make any...yet. :D hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should definitely be doing this... Thank you for the reminder! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails