Monday, November 22, 2010

A Change is Gonna Come

{via}
After another horrible craft show turnout on Saturday, I think I've finally decided I've had enough. Time to go back to the drawing board and really figure out a good plan of attack.

Maybe I have too many options and not enough consistency? Maybe my products aren't quality. Maybe my style is not kitschy enough, or funky enough, or interesting enough to grab attention and buyers. Maybe people just aren't willing to spend money on things they don't need or really, really want right now.

I don't know the secret. But I'm done paying for booth fees with no return on my investment. At least until next summer. I think I need to focus more on my products and on my Etsy store, then I'll see about doing shows again.:(

How do you keep yourself from being frustrated or feeling let down by low sales?

P.S. Check out my interview over on Katrinshine's blog! :)

3 comments:

  1. I think your stuff is so cute! I really love your embroidery things.

    I never really sold tons of my vintage things, and I hated paying any sort of fees, so I came out with a website where people could sell for free. It's http://efreeme.com - you should check it out! Nothing to lose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry your show didn't work out! I just did my first show a few weeks ago. It's weird how things like this go...some of my most popular things online didn't sell at the show, and other things I've never had much luck with sold out quickly. Etsy is a total bust for me right now. Granted, I took a break and didn't pay much attention to it for a month, but I've been back for a few weeks now, and still nothing. I haven't found the magic formula yet...let me know if you do :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks!!

    I did pretty well in my first few shows. Maybe it's just that everyone is tightening their wallets these past couple years, I dunno. I'm definitely going to try to really give Etsy a shot. So far, my time on there has been sporadic at best. Now if only I could find a few hours in my day to get stuff done on there!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails