Thursday, December 30, 2010

Just call me Rod Stewart

"Why Rod Stewart", you ask? Because in the late 70s/early 80s, Rod was a sexy, rocker who partied as you would expect. As the years went on, his songs reflected his age, although his hairstyle never changed! His sound became more smooth, lounge-lizard; as if he was too old to do anything up-tempo.

At one point in my life -- let's call it age 19-32 -- I liked to party. Not too hard; just hard enough! I'll admit, in most cases, there was a fair amount alcohol involved. But sometimes it was just fun to be a little crazy and wild. These days, the idea of going to a tiny bar to see an unknown band play a sweaty show just doesn't sound as inviting. The loud parties and crazy antics don't seem as fun. A quiet night at home takes priority over drinks with friends.

Maybe it's because I'm getting older {been there; done that}. Or maybe it's because I moved further away from the city. Maybe it's because I only see my man on the weekends and I'd rather spend it with him than a bunch of strangers. I could go out during the week, but my job takes a bit more brainpower than a late night out could offer.

80s party with Joel McHale

on stage w/Fred Armisen
Whatever the reason, I feel like I've gone from old-school, 70s rock Rod Stewart to the slowed down, easy-listening version of Rod Stewart. I won't go so far as to call myself "Sting"; I haven't gone completely new age or jazz. I can still be a little rock and roll...just as long as I get to sleep in the next day!

So this New Year's Eve, I'm going to enjoy my day off by playing in the snow. Maybe even try a bit of tennis. And instead of meeting the gang at a club to dance my ass off while counting down the clock...I'll be at home, on the couch, watching a movie with my boypiece.

And I'll probably be in bed by 11pm. ;)

So what are your plans for New Year's Eve 2011?


*~* Hope you all have a safe and happy new years! *~*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails