Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Everybody Fist Pump! It's time to get to work!

I'm building my 2011 business model based on MTVs Jersey Shore! It has nothing to do with Snooki, but it's gonna be a real situation!

If you're a fan of the show (or even if you hate it) you probably know some of the lingo. My business model for 2011 is going to be based on one of the Jersey Shore kids' favorite pasttimes: G-T-L

But I'm gonna tweak it just a bit. Instead of "Gym-Tan-Laundry", my mantra will be G-C-L; "Gym-Craft-List"!

A couple of my goals for 2011 (notice I said "goals", not "resolutions") are to get my body into shape and get my Etsy shop into shape; both of which are seriously lacking! I have been trying to get beyond page two in my listings, and it seems like an impossible feat! I've also been wanting to drop 2 pant sizes, so it just seemed like a perfect combo!

I'm hoping my new mantra will help me achieve those goals. Here's my plan: When I come home from work, I'm gonna get my butt to the gym. Afterwards, I'll work on my crafts; either designing and creating or packaging and shipping items that have sold. After that, I will list my items in my Etsy shop.

My goal is 3 trips to the gym per week and 3 nights of listing. If I use my Saturdays to photograph and edit listing photos, I should be able to stick to it.

What are your goals for 2011? Feel free to join me on the G-C-L mission! I'd love to hear if it works for anyone else!

Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great plan. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Love your goals. Makes me motivated to come up with my own goal mantra!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck. I've been working on my own goals for this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! So far, so good. Day 1 is a success. Check back on day 30!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay - so glad I found your post in the fora! We have the exact same goals. I need to build my shop back up to earn money for my Jamaica trip late March. Of course, I totally need to drop this grenade body if I want to be happy with beach photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent goals! both ships i need to jump on as well. now, if only it would STOP RAINING on the weekends... :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol@"grenade body" that's priceless. Oh those Jersey boys! Good luck with your own GCL goals!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails