Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm gonna take you down to Chinatown!

So the boypiece and I walked around Chinatown this weekend. I'm sure it's nothing like the Chinatown in other big cities. But Seattle definitely has an interesting International District. Certainly, there is no shortage of Asian restaurants, whatever your cuisine preference may be!


We stopped off at Uwajimaya and bought groceries to make a nice Chinese dinner. While we were there, we found a free sake tasting. It was delicious!!


Of course, I couldn't resist a quick trip down the Pocky aisle. Needless to say, I was in heaven.


And I walked off with a nice giant pack of Strawberry Pocky. YUMMY!!


There were so many delicious treats. I also walked off with a bag of hot sesame crackers. But next time I'm gonna buy some of these:


I definitely steered clear of the squid nuggets. I'm just not that adventurous when it comes to food!


It was a great trip, although incredibly windy! Seattle has been having some seriously blustery days! It was so windy, the boypiece walked right into Bruce Lee's fist!

"OUCH!"
Good luck dragon says: "How was your weekend?"


3 comments:

  1. Hello Pandas are great, I love them! I want some giant poky, I've only ever seen the small (normal?) sized ones.

    Are the squid nuggets like squid chicken nuggets or are they meant to be a sweet treat too? I don't blame you for leaving them there, they look a little scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum Pocky! I love the coconut and almond coated ones. :)

    I grew up in Vancouver, which is kind of like a giant Chinatown everyone, but I've never been to the one in Seattle, even though I've been to the city a couple of times. I love Seattle and I keep meaning to go back - hopefully this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know about the squid nuggets. I was way too scared to give them a try!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails