Saturday, February 19, 2011

Out of Time

I had plans today to take lots of product shots for my Etsy shop. There was a great amount of sunshine today; it was beautiful! But there was also a lot of wind. Shooting lightweight miniatures in the wind is not an easy task! So after several times of having to stop and set everything back up, I finally gave up! Hopefully I'll get a chance to get out there again in a couple of weeks.


I have several things I want to add. I'm most excited about my faux taxidermy flocked brooches. It's been forever since I started them. And there's been a lot of trial and error with figuring out the best process for flocking. I finally have them completed and ready to go. :)

I was also doing a side project shoot, today. It's something I've been planning to do for years. Seriously, years! About 3 years ago, I bought a ton of marshmallow Peeps during Easter. I've had them in my closet waiting until I finally got around to using them in some photos. Today I started working on those pics :) I'm hoping they'll be part of a series for my photography shop on Etsy. It's a shop I've had for a bit now but haven't added any listings to. I was waiting till my other shop started doing better before branching out. But now I'm thinking "what the heck?", might as well, right?  Here's a couple of examples of the Peeps pics:



Tomorrow, the boypiece and I will be out and about looking for a new place for him to live. I'm hoping we can find one since he's running out of time at his current place. He has been staying with me, but his stuff is still at the cottage. And we'd like to only have to move him once! So if we can find him something this week, we can move him out next weekend. If not, we'll be moving his stuff here and continuing the search. Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Those photos are sooo cool:) Hope you are having a fantastic weekend, darling.
    Btw: I got myself some peppermint tea..Its so yummy:) Thanks sweetie
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good I'm so glad! It's great aromatherapy too! Just inhale before each sip...ahhh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those photos with the peeps are hilarious. I found your blog on the etsy success page! I would love it if you would check out my blog as well!
    http://jennasaurusfun.blogspot.com/
    Thanks <3

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails