Thursday, April 28, 2011

Etsy Sellers Q&A - Meet Bobbi Lewin

It's been a while since I've done a Q&A and I figured it was about time to start up again. So to kick it off, I want to introduce you to Bobbi Lewin! Her Etsy shop is full fabulous mixed media and fiber art!  Check out her interview and be sure to stop by her shop to see her amazing work!

{cupcake original acrylic painting}

1. Why don't you start by telling the readers a little bit about yourself.

I’m a mother, a wife, a grandma, an artist, a…. I have lived here in Utah with my husband and cat for almost seven years. I love to garden, putter around my house, cook, talk to my grandbaby on webcam, and crochet of course! My addictions are books and yarn.

2. How did you get started with crochet?

My grandmother taught me when I was about 8 years old. I’ve crocheted off and on since then, but a couple years ago I got really hooked you might say;)

3. Describe your studio...

My studio is my safe space I go to first thing every morning. I sit in front of the window with my coffee and my journal and watch the day blossom. It’s a small room, about 10’x12’. Last fall I gave it a revamping with a tall worktable, and some shelves and storage bins. I love having everything very organized.
{crochet linen coasters}

4. How soon after you started creating did you decide to turn your craft into a business?

Oh, I’ve been creating all my life. I’ve always loved making art and all kinds of crafts. It’s only been a couple years ago that I decided I wanted to make a living at this.

5. What else do you like to do when you're not creating beautiful things?

I love to hang out with my husband; he’s my best friend. We can be really goofy together. My favorite thing is to just wander around our city on a Saturday.

6. What has been your favorite crafty project thus far (big or small)?

I love crocheting the garlands I have in my shop. I find myself mesmerized by the colors. It’s fun for me to take this granny style of crochet and make things with a more modern twist.

{crochet garland}
7. What is the most difficult and your most favorite part of crafting as a business?

My favorite part is the crocheting. The marketing and the administrative parts are less fun. I say that, but really I can spend hours on the internet connecting, trying to make my shop better, and learning new things about having a crafty business!



8. What is your favorite: a) scent? b) movie? c) blog/website? d) guilty pleasure?

I have trouble with favorites because they change according to my mood.
Let’s say:
a) Violet or cinnamon
b) My Fair Lady

c) There are too many beautiful blogs, so I’m going to choose Tartelette and decor8
d) Baking yummy pastries!

{bee in a paisley garden}



9. Lastly, do you have any advice for fellow crafters/entrepreneurs just starting out?

Persevere! When it feels like it’s just too tough, keep going anyway. If you want it bad enough, you can make it happen.



************************





Great advice, Bobbi! Thanks for sharing with everyone!

You can stop by Bobbi's Etsy shop here!
And check out her blog for more great stuff!

3 comments:

  1. Great Q&A, it's always fun to learn about an artist and what inspires them. Beautiful crochet work Bobbi, (I'm looking at your avatar and I can't believe you're a grandma).

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great feature! so nice to learn more about you, bobbi! :D

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails