Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up {Big Picture Post}

{Snoqualmie Railway Museum}
My weekend was extra long (and still is)! I took a few days off from work as "brain days". I just needed some time to myself to catch up and chill out. So it's a nice, long 6-day weekend for me! But it's back to work on Wednesday (boo, hiss!).

Greg's sis came for a quick visit Thursday thru Sunday. It was so great to see her again, since it's been a couple years. She's got a very busy schedule as she is an up-and-coming opera singer in Berlin. She's constantly on the road traveling from opera house to opera house. So it was such a great surprise when she called to say she was in the states and swinging by for a quick visit.

Unfortunately, the sunny weather disappeared by the time her flight landed! And we had several bouts of rain with only a few dry spells (under major cloud cover). But it didn't stop us from taking a few road trips and hiking in the rain.

We went to Snoqualmie Falls on a very rainy afternoon. The rain made the falls even more powerful than usual. And the mist from the falls traveled so far, it soaked us more than the rain from the clouds! I didn't take many pics because I didn't want my camera to get ruined. But you can see how gorgeous it looks...so massive!

We took her for a hike around Rattlesnake Lake. Just as we pulled up to the lakefront, the rain stopped and the clouds parted. It made for some really gorgeous views!






On the way home, we stopped in town to gorge ourselves on steamed clams, tequila grilled salmon, BBQ ribs and chicken. That was a big mistake -- I had to work out later that night and my stomach was very upset with me! But it was delicious, so I guess it was worth it ;)



During her visit, we also took Sylvia into downtown Snohomish. She loved seeing the countryside. We found a great trail in the middle of nowhere and found a rusted-out backhoe that Greg had fun messing around with.


Her stay was much too short. But we're hoping she'll be able to make it back soon. It's so weird for me being in the middle of the two of them during a conversation -- they're so similar!

It was a wonderful, whirlwind weekend. And now I have two more days to relax and catch up on some Etsy orders. Phew!

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

  1. oh. those lake photos are lovely. i am glad to hear you had such a nice time with company :) how fun to be an opera singer. it sounds so glamorous. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i miss it already! it was such a great day!
    it definitely seems like a glamorous life...but also very tiring! She's always travelling - a true jet-setter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, look at the color of the water! Awesome reflections upon Rattlesnake Lake, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures of the lake, and I love Snoqualmie Falls!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aren't they gorgeous? I'd been there a bunch of times but never on a stormy day after a bunch of rain! :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails