Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up: Starfish, Puppies and Kilts -- Oh My!

My weekend was full of sunshine and sniffles! It was absolutely gorgeous weather (our first good weekend in almost a year!) and I am still stuck with this nasty head cold. But I didn't let the sniffles stop me from enjoying some serious relaxing!

I finally got Katie her summer shave. I always wait till we have at least a week of good weather. She loves to be outside and I don't want her to freeze! But now she's looking like a puppy with her new haircut. So much so that Ui thought she was a new dog and had to check her out.


Saturday was a big day for us! The man and I spent the whole day outdoors.

We went down to a farmers market and bought some delicious jams. While we were there, we spotted this utila-kilted hottie...I dunno, I don't think the stroller is a good accessory.


Then we headed down the hill to the Edmonds waterfront. It was such a perfect day for it, plus the tide was out, so we could find starfish!


And draw pictures in the sand.


Isn't it pretty?!


After the beach, we headed to my friend's house for the opening of her pool -- lol!


On Sunday, we started the day with a trip to the gym. My trainer had challenged me to do the stair climber for a full hour! {I usually only do 13 minutes} I did it! I was hot and sweaty and near death -- but I did it! 188 flights of stairs later, we headed for the river.


We found a perfect spot with very few people.


And brought our own shade.


It was so relaxing!


How was your weekend?

10 comments:

  1. it's doing much better, thanks for asking! He has his full range of motion and is now working on getting the strength and grip back. that'll be several months, but i think he's doing really well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of the old dock with all the barnacles on it

    ReplyDelete
  3. 188 flights - wow! I'm impressed! Bet your thighs are thanking you today. :)

    Love the photos - that starfish is so cool! Sounds like your had a busy weekend. We went to a farmer's market too, and saw some tall ships that were in town for a festival. I love summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw it looks like fun! I always accidentally start combing my dog's extra fluff a little too early and I hate to see him shivering because of it :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh I would love to see the tall ships, I always miss the date!

    @lilmamad I gave my mutt a bath about a month ago and ever since then, her hair has been coming out in huge chunks. I knew it was just her undercoat and I'd disturbed the beast...but I couldn't quite afford the groomer until now. Needless to say, we've been vacuuming the house 3 times a day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an exciting weekend! I love the river part because it was after the gym - a well deserved time for relaxation! By the way, we had an awesome weekend as well with an awesome clear blue sky and definitely hot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it was sooo perfect after the gym!! Hot to me is anything over 68f! Which is why I practically die the 3 days per year when it goes above 90! ugh!

    glad you're having great weather, too! I'm so happy summer is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, darling. Hope you will feel better soon and my dogs had their summer haircuts yesterday...They look so different now. Have a fantastic day. Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww that looks like such fun. Figures we miss the nice weekend! D'oh.

    Gorgeous picks tho!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails