Sunday, July 31, 2011

I'm Taking the August Break



I've decided to join a few hundred other bloggers by taking the August Break. It's a time to enjoy what little summer we're having here in Seattle. It's also time to regroup and focus on the direction of my blog. Hopefully I'll come back to my blog refreshed and ready to share new ideas!

My participation in the August Break will still include tutorials and photos with captions. You just won't be seeing a whole lot of text ;)

Here is how Susannah Conway, creator of the August Break, explains it:

"Okay, here’s the plan for the August Break: you simply share one photo (or more!) per day on your blog – Monday to Friday, or every day. Or whenever you feel moved to share. Using any camera – DSLR, compact, Polaroid, Holga, iPhone (my choice), Instax, film or digital – with or without words – anything goes! – for the whole of August. No pressure – just looking at August through your camera lens as a way to be more present this summer. And to have a little break from the pressures and expectations of regular blogging.

There are NO RULES, people! Just sunshine (hopefully) and a bit of fun. And lots of lovely photos to look at."


I hope you'll continue reading and enjoying what I have to share...and have an amazing August!

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting! Good luck with this. Enjoy the rest of your summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a great idea. so excited to see what everyone posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! I can't wait to see all of the other bloggers' posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a cute idea! i cant tell if it's a break though or a real big committment haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha yeah I suppose it's a break from the writing, but not from the posting :)

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails