Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Lots o' Sun, a Bit o' Fun and Plenty o' Relaxing!

The boypiece and I took our annual 4th of July trip to Orcas this past weekend. The weather ended up being absolutely perfect for the entire time. We woke up early on Saturday and hopped the first ferry to the island.

We met up with our friends, dropped our stuff off in the guest house, then borrowed their convertible for a ride around the island. Thanks to my SPF 85, I didn't get much color, but I got plenty of sun!

Sunday night was perfectly clear as we watched the skies and counted 5 shooting stars!

On Monday, we helped prepare for the big 4th of July BBQ and worshipped the sun a bit more.

I had a fabulous time, relaxing and having great conversations. My birthday was wonderful (I got new tires!!) but I still can't believe I'm 37! When the heck did that happen?


All-in-all, it was a fantastic weekend!

How was your weekend?

P.S. Here's a close-up of my patriotic nail polish! I didn't do so hot on the lines!
But it's cute, and my fingers match!

4 comments:

  1. what a fun weekend. mine was quite relaxing :D & i just love your toes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I wish I would have followed your suit and used sunscreen! We spent most of the weekend by our pool and I'm burnt to a crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks! I loved the toes! The layers of dark polish were a pain to remove, though!

    @Sher, I need to find a happy medium! I want a nice tan but I don't want to burn or dry out my skin. I'm too clumsy with the self-tanners

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails