Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

My Life as a Retired Sea Captain

Life is pretty sweet once you retire from the high seas.


I'm not really a sea captain. But I did stay at the home built by a retired sea captain! It made for an absolutely fabulous weekend!


The boypiece and I got a last-minute invite to use a friend's vacation rental home. This home is so much more than I could've ever imagined.


It's just a few steps outside to a private beach. The home is perfectly furnished with big, comfy pieces. Even though it's rather large and full of hardwood floors, it's easy to heat so we stayed cozy and warm.


The enclosed sun porch is a perfect spot to have your morning cuppa while watching the sunrise.


Oh yeah, did I mention the sunrises? It's such a gorgeous view!


Saturday was stormy and foggy most of the day. It made it pretty easy to relax guilt-free, all day long!


On Sunday morning, we woke up early and walked on the beach while the tide was low. We watched the sunrise break through the clouds as we followed deer tracks and found fancy seashells.


And we rested. And we napped. And I sewed as he napped.


Later on, we walked down to the lighthouse.


It was perfect.

I wish we never had to leave!

If you want to see more (better) pics of the home itself you can check out it's vacation rental page.

I'll also have more to share later this week. I just need to get them off my REAL camera  :)

Oh and if you hadn't already heard, my Super Huge Giveaway deadline has been extended to this Friday evening. Jump on over to THIS POST to find out how you can enter!

Happy Monday! :)

1 comment:

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails