Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Fun With Model Magic

I forgot to share my last office decor project. I was sidetracked by the increase in work hours and stress!!

I love working with Crayola Model Magic. It's a really light and fluffy air dry clay :) And it's so easy to work with!

My office is big and bland so I needed to add a splash of color. So I picked up a few cans of Krylon neon paints, some model magic and a few wood plaques from the craft store.

I mounted a simple sawtooth picture hook on the back of each plaque.

My love of faux taxidermy inspired me to make an owl, a bear and a rabbit's head.



I didn't glue the model magic onto the plaques. Instead, I sculpted them directly onto the wood so they ended up sticking pretty well.

After letting them air dry for 24 hours, I took them outside and spray painted the crap outta them!!

Now they brighten up the dark corner of my office!

Sorry for the bad phone pics. My phone doesn't have a flash :(



Pin It

3 comments:

  1. Those are awesome! I love model magic, and I like how you spray painted them. Spray paint is amazing! You never have to be stuck with something that is a colour you don't like :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought Model Magic looked like an air-dry clay for little kids, but these look fantastic! I didn't realize you could make neat things like this with it. The consistent color with the spray paint really makes them pop too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tsuki aka LittleGrayFoxDecember 19, 2011 at 7:29 PM

    Yeah the first time I messed around with model magic was several years ago. I was helping my friend with her halloween costume...she was going as a hooters girl. So I used it to make fake hot wings, celery and tomoatoes :) it looked SO realistic once it was all painted!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails