Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday DIY: Custom Snow Globe

I've been checking out the cute DIY snow globe tutorials on the web lately. When Julie Ann Art posted her mason jar tutorial, I knew I had to try it myself.


I do have mason jars sitting around. But I decided to try using glass candy trees that I picked up at the thrift store for a buck each.


I used some miniature deer and polymer clay for my snow globe scenes. I made a little airstream trailer and some pink yard flamingos for one of the scenes. I even dressed it up with some xmas lights. My mom called dibs on it while I was still making it :)



The glass trees have a plastic lid. To secure it to the glass, I used an epoxy glue. Once it dried, I added "Snow-Tek" fake snow around the base (not pictured). Then I sprinkled on some more snow glitter before it dried for a little added touch.




Check out the full tutorial over at Julie Ann Art!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Oh I absolutely love the little silver bullet trailer decked out for the holidays with flamingos! How adorable!

    I made some DIY snow globes this year, too! Check them out at:

    www.flourishandfancy.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails