Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Holiday DIY: Fun Gifts For Anyone

This is probably the most fun project I've done...I just kept laughing while it was all coming together. This was also a really simple project so it would make for a great last-minute gift!

I took some of these fabulous porcelain paint markers (Pebeo vitrea 160 in glossy)


And drew funny faces and mustaches on some dollar store mugs.Let the paint dry for 24 hours then bake in the oven according to the marker's directions.


Then I made some chocolate dipped stirring spoons and marshmallows with some of these fun ingredients!


I also threw in some airplane sized liquor bottles and hot chocolate! Yummy! Hot cocoa, Bailey's Irish Creme (or Kahlua - or Frangelico!) and some chocolate dipped spoons...who wouldn't want that?!

Here's a quick tutorial on how to make the chocolate dipped spoons.

Pin It

19 comments:

  1. i love these. the mustache ones crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how fun! Such a cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a clever idea & great for on a budget, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas!!
    I also have a list of ideas of christmas gift DIY.

    http://diyymas.wordpress.com/momento-especial/regalos-navidenos/

    Merry christmas to all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you find liquor bottles the size of airplanes?! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahaha! I'd have a serious problem if I were drinking that much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what kind of markers brand did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  9. If i were to get that brand of markers and do it on a plate would it be safe to eat off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would leave it up to your discretion, but it doesn't sound like it's considered "food safe" if you plan on eating with a knife and fork ;) Maybe just a decorative cookie plate

      For more info, see this article here: http://www.deepfriedkudzu.com/2006/07/practicing-painted-ceramics.html

      and this Etsy blog post here: http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6461973

      Delete
  10. Can you use regular sharpies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've researched this and found people who have tried it. Regular sharpies wash off unfortunately :(

      Delete
  11. Hi- love your blog!
    Found this post on Pinterest. Pretty cool ;-)
    Have a question about your lay-out. I also use Blogger. But I can't seem to find how to upload a photo without the backgroundshades. Even though I choose transparent as "frame color". Would you like to share how you did it?
    Thanks, Sara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you get purchase the markers? And what was the price?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been trying to find these paint pens! Where did you get them? THanks : P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had them at Michael's craft store in the back with the ceramic and glass paints :)

      Delete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails