Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Aww, Bummer, Dudes

If you haven't heard by now, the editing website that I've been raving about for the past year is closing soon. Boo, hiss!

Yep, that's right. Picnik.com is closing down and moving over to the Google platform. I really loved using it for it's simplicity and convenience. I even purchased the premium membership to have access to all of its great features.

If you also purchased a membership, don't fret, they are giving FULL refunds!

And as a bonus for the next few months, anyone who's never signed up before can use all the premium features.

It's a total bummer. But they're being cool about it. And as much as I never use Google+ anymore, maybe it'll get me back on there.

Here's their official announcement:

4 comments:

  1. Oh boo! I've heard such great things about them too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, so what does moving to Google+ mean for picnik? And how do you get the refund?
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. here's the full info regarding what you can do with your pics to save them and more about the refund. http://blog.picnik.com/

    I imagine they're just going to credit back the refund to whatever source you used to pay. I think I used paypal

    ReplyDelete
  4. update: here's the actual info from their help center:

    As a Premium member, you'll receive a full refund for your current membership fee as a thanks for your support. We'll submit the refunds for processing within one week of our announcement date, January 20, 2012. It should take your financial institution about ten business days to return the funds to your account. If you don't see the refund within that timeframe, please contact your bank for more information (unfortunately it's out of our hands once we've submitted it for processing). If Paypal was used, the refund will appear in your Paypal account. If you have further questions, contact us.

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails