Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Musical Interlude

I just had to share my latest discovery. Usually, I pride myself on knowing a lot of underground music. I used to go to local music shows up to 3 times a week! Every time I'd tell someone about a new band I loved, they had no clue who I was talking about.

It's been about 5 years since that time of my life. So now I'm catching on to "new" music with the rest of mainstream folks. Oh well. So I'm a bit behind. At least I'm still listening.

So although I'm a few years behind on this band, I just had to share my latest discovery. It's a little band called "Fun." I heard about it from a couple of co-worker friends who heard about them from the show GLEE. I loved the song they introduced me to so much that I decided to download their album.

AND I LOVE IT! 

Nate Ruess has a voice that I love to find in a lead singer. Talented and passionate; it just draws you in.

Their new album comes out later this month (which I've already pre-ordered). But you should really check out their current album. I've had it on repeat shuffle ever since I downloaded it. Pretty fantastic. :) Of course, you probably already know about them and his old band and maybe even what his favorite candy bar is. But I'm a bit slow catching on .... I'm so glad I didn't miss out completely!

Here are a couple videos that I think show what a great band they are. Reminds me a bit of Queen & Mika or Panic! at the Disco, but they definitely have a great sound on their own.


1 comment:

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails