Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine Pancakes

Doesn't breakfast in bed sound so romantic? How about a breakfast of heart-shaped pancakes? And what if those pancakes were PINK!?!

Try this quick concoction for your special someone this year...


Gather up:
  • Pancake mix
  • 1 medium mixing bowl
  • 1 large egg
  • red food coloring
  • turkey baster or something with a small spout

{egg faces are optional! }
Step 1 - Mix your batter to your liking. I prefer to add an egg to make the pancakes more fluffy. It also adds a nice, rich flavor. But just pancake mix and water is fine :)

Step 2 - Add a few drops of food coloring. Start with 2 drops, mix well, then add until you get the color you desire. My batter wasn't a very dark so the pancakes had a pale pink coloring. I used 5 drops total


Step 3 - Add batter to turkey baster or bottle with spout. Pinterest has a really cool idea for using old ketchup bottles. I couldn't find my turkey baster anywhere! So I ended up using a sports bottle. The spout was a bit larger than I'd like, so I had to be more careful when pouring.


Step 4 - Carefully pour your batter into the pan while making your heart shape. To make it super easy, buy yourself a heart-shaped cookie cutter! Just place the cookie cutter on the pan and pour the batter directly into it!


Step 5 - Cook to perfection!


Once it's ready, serve it up to your liking! Go crazy and add a sweet message with some white icing! And enjoy your romantic little breakfast in bed!


Pin It

P.S. Don't be afraid of the color; they were delicious!

4 comments:

  1. This is super cute--I especially like your egg faces ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks! I may have gotten a bit carried away with the doodles ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, what a brilliant idea, darling!!!! I LOVE it and I'm going to make them for sure this weekend:) Happy Valentine's Day, my dear. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. the best thing to wake up to today! Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails