Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

DIY Stamped Embroidery Hoop

This tutorial will show you how to quickly add a personal touch to an embroidery hoop. I made this hoop as a sample for my forest critters PDF pattern listing. But it was still missing something and had a lot of negative space. So I decided to find a short quote to give it some extra character. I chose a quote that matched the theme of the embroidery already in the hoop.


 _____________________________________________________________________________________




What you'll need:
  • fabric
  • embroidery floss
  • embroidery hoops
  • stamps (I picked up these alphabet stamps for $6 at Hobby Lobby)
  • ink

Decide where you want to place the words on your fabric.


Arrange your letters to be stamped
Ink your stamp. I lightly rubbed the stamp onto the ink pad instead of pressing down. That way, it kept from getting ink onto the square parts I didn't want showing up on the fabric. (You could also use acrylic paint and brush it onto the stamp)


My hoop was already sewn. It would be easier if you were to stamp the fabric prior to adding to the hoop. But if you choose to stamp it after the fabric is stretched, just put something sturdy underneath (I used my fingers)


Add some color with different stamp pads


Keep track of where you're placing the stamps ... or don't! I kind of like my wonky words :)


That's it! Pretty simple, right? This hoop is being shipped off to one of my Pay It Forward recipients!

As always, I'd love to see what you create with this tutorial, so please share links to your finished projects in the comments!

Also, if you'd like to make this specific embroidery, the pattern can be purchased from my Etsy shop, HERE.

6 comments:

  1. Aw, this is really cute, what a fabulous idea. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tsuki for taking the time to do this pay it forward project! I received this in the mail earlier this week and was so excited when I opened it. It could not have been more perfect. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome! I'm so glad you like it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails