Friday, April 13, 2012

Fit Friday | The Weigh In

GCL Update: My goal is to get fit. In doing that, I hope to lose more inches. I'm not so much worried about the weight, since muscle still adds pounds. So I'm trying not to focus on that at all.

After 6 weeks of training 2 days a week with my trainer and going to the gym another 2-3 days a week on my own (with the boypiece), it's time to get my results.

And they aren't as great as I'd expected. I know my thyroid levels are part of the reason. The other part is that I should be going 3-4 more days a week, not the 2-3 we've been doing! Also, my diet hadn't changed all that much over the past two months.

But, that doesn't mean I didn't get any positive results! 


After 6 weeks, I've lost 2.5% body fat. I've lost 4 pounds of fat and gained 5 pounds of muscle. And I've lost a total of 6 inches all over (and gained an inch on my calves).

All-in-all, I'd say that's great progress! The cardio still kills me, even with my new asthma inhaler. But the weight training has been really great! I especially love that the trainer mixes it up with free weights, machines, and natural body resistance.

And he's also gotten me back on track over the past week. The hardest thing for me to do is wake up in the morning and EAT! I've never been much of a breakfast-before-11am person. But I know that's not helping. So Ben has me eating protein within my first hour of waking. And it's definitely made a difference in what I eat the rest of the day. I'm just not starving by lunch, anymore. And when I do eat again, I kind of have to force myself, since I'm not quite hungry. So I make it healthier snacks of good carbs, protein, and healthy fats. So far; so good.

The only other issue I've had is the extra protein kinda of messes with my IBS. It makes my days a little more uncomfortable. But I'm trying out different foods to see if I can get that under control.

Also, we've discovered that the boypiece may have more upper body strength; but I beat him in lower body strength! I'm now doing leg extensions and curls at 90lbs each...I started at 45lbs! I just wish my lungs were stronger, cuz I'd love to get through a hard cardio routine without feeling faint!

Maybe one day....

Do you have any current health goals? If so, how are you achieving them?  If you want to share any must-have, healthy recipes, I'd love it! Just post a link or info in the comments :)

4 comments:

  1. Don't stress too much. I have literally been going to the gym since August and haven't lost one single pound or inch, though I clearly look more muscular. I'm not sure what's going on, but I do both strength training and cardio. I am also very mildly (so mild that I'm untreated and on the borderline of numbers) hypothyroid.

    My goal also is to be fit, not to be thin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! My numbers are borderline, too. Not enough for them to want me on meds, and I'm fine with that.

      Good luck with your goals!

      Delete
  2. I've been going to an intense bootcamp for two weeks now and am seeing the results in how my clothes fit, but not the scale. For extra motivation I wear my new Nike t-shirt that says "Strong is the new beautiful".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I love working out with my trainer. He definitely kicks my a$$! And now I'm using the Tap & Track app for my phone. So it's helping me make better food choices to get the right percentages of protein/carbs/fat each day.

      Delete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails