Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Take A Hike | Wallace Falls

Oh boy! The sunshine is was back! Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day with temps around 75 f! And I had the bright idea of taking a hike. (Note to self: next time, GO TO THE BEACH!) Normally, when I plan to take a hike, I do a little research on the location. I check driving distance, trail difficulty, hike distance and terrain. On Sunday, I checked the driving directions...and that's IT!

I love all the mossy trees!

The boypiece and I headed Northeast to Wallace Falls. We packed snacks and brought a couple bottles of water. It seemed that everyone else made the same plans. There were a lot of people, but it was a big hike (unbeknownst to me) so it wasn't too packed on the trail.


My asthma kicked my ass!
My excessive sweating kicked my ass! 
My overloaded inner body heat kicked my ass! 

But it was a great hike! And the reward was spectacular views of the falls, the mountains, and the town below.

And the rainbows. The rainbows were pretty awesome, too!




^ ^ ^
Awkward-faced pose courtesy of random dude who doesn't know how to WARN YOU before taking the picture!


Also, this guy is either too cool for rules or can't read words and pictures! He jumped the fence and went down to the falls (brilliant!). I caught him in action when he came back up. 




How was your weekend? Have you been on a hike, lately?

6 comments:

  1. Great Hike- It surprised me and my asthma the first time I hiked it too! I almost died :) There is a bike trail there as well and I really want to ride my bike on it because it looks fun and somewhat easy.- Tia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I feel like such a weakling when my asthma kicks in. All these people were passing me as I was hunched over trying to catch my breath! haha

      I would definitley go back and do the bike trail! I didn't make it to the lake

      Delete
  2. Hi Tsuki, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. These are breathtaking photos! What a lovely day you all must have had hiking in such picturesque scenery.

    www.flourishandfancy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was totally worth my lungs burning and sweating like a pig!

      Delete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails