Thursday, April 12, 2012

Taking Full Advantage

Last weekend, the sun came out and the temps went up -- to 74°f! Here in Seattle, that means shorts, tank tops and flip-flops!

After staying up late to finish my Easter tutorial, I felt like a road trip was in order!
The boypiece and I headed for the country for some good food and great relaxation :)

On the way, we took a detour through Redmond and stopped by Anderson Park to view the latest art installation --  yarn bombing in the park. The pictures really don't do it justice. It looks so cool and colorful in person!



Next, we headed to the Grange Cafe in Duvall for some Easter brunch. I was actually born in Duvall and remember spending time at the local restaurant called the Silver Spoon. The best part was they would make your pancakes in the shape of whatever animal you requested! Pretty fun when you're a kid. So it turns out the Grange Cafe is the same building that used to be the Silver Spoon. And although their pancakes weren't shaped like a koala bear, they were still delicious and full of fresh-from-the-farm blueberries!



After filling our bellies, we walked down to the antique store to browse. I bought a few fun things but had more fun with the pieces I didn't buy.


The best part of the day was when we grabbed our backpack chairs and headed to the riverfront. Even though it was the warmest day we've had in 6 months, we were the only ones at the beach. Easter Sunday had everyone spending time with family, dressed in their Sunday best. I kicked off my shoes, rolled up my pants, and enjoyed a summer read on my Kindle. It was so perfectly relaxing...and so quiet with just the two of us!




Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Did you get out and enjoy your weather?

4 comments:

  1. I don't live too far from Duvall. How weird and awesome that no one was there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was pretty fantastic! I love that little spot in the summer, but it can get crowded pretty quickly!

      Delete
  2. yarn bombing!! awesome :)
    the riverfront looks relaxing. looks like you had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was fabulous! we're really looking forward to warmer days -- hopefully they'll be here soon!

      Delete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails