Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Stamped Bow Necklace Tutorial





This is a quick DIY to go along with the fabric bow tutorial I posted the other day.

If you don't have a bunch of fun fabrics to turn into bows, just make your own! I used a neutral linen fabric, but you could use muslin or even an old cotton tshirt!

Cut your fabric to size (for my 2.5 inch bows, I use about 6 inches of fabric) Using some fun rubber stamps with letters or designs, stamp out your pattern on one side of the fabric. 



Next, turn your fabric into a bow following my instructions from THIS POST.
 
Now it's time to turn your cute bow into a necklace! Grab a few jump rings, a clasp and a length of chain. No need to sew in the jump rings -- just poke them through your fabric.


Attach your chain and fasten the clasp and VOILA! A one-of-a-kinda necklace! How fun!

6 comments:

  1. This is so adorable! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I did not find your blog until very recently, after I had already named mine Little Gray Kitteh. <3 So I'm sorry for that, and please don't think I was copying your blog's name. :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. of course not! After I started my shop and blog, I quickly found out there is a "Little Gray Pixel"! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, it's like a Little Gray community! :P

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed learning how to make the necklace, now I need to actually try it!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails