Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Good Things Are Happening

Hello, my foxy friends! I've been having quite the week and can't wait to share some news!

First of all, I hope you have been enjoying my recent "Foxy Friend" interview posts. I have several more to come in the very near future. (Including some of you fabulous folks who responded to my call for artists.) I love finding new artists and finding out more about the ones I admire. So I love sharing these wonderfully creative artists with my readers. You can catch up on the "Foxy Friend" posts by clicking HERE.

Now for some good news --- I moving!

Last week, I took a few days off work (I actually scheduled them, randomly, months ago!) to take care of doctor appointments and run random errands. One the first day, I responded to an ad on Craigslist for a rental house. The next day, I rented it! The poor boypiece found out via text message when I told him "I just rented us a house!" ...oops!

Let me tell you, this is not just some every day, run-of-the-mill house renting situation. This was a bit of magic that made it all come together.

Here's the quick skinny: I moved in with my mom, sis and niece about 5 years ago with the plan that we would help raise my niece, together, until she graduated high school. Now she's going to be a sophomore in college! My co-inhabitants now consist of - the boypiece, my mom, my grandma, my dog, my mom's dog, and my grandma's two dogs! EEK!

So it's time to move on.

I hadn't been looking very seriously because I've been preoccupied with changes at work. So on my vacation day, after consuming too much caffeine and not being able to sleep, I browsed Craigslist at 2am, responded to an ad, and found the perfect house.


Our search criteria was:
  • No more than our max rental allowance
  • Closer to the city - but not in the city (Seattle) for his commute
  • Lots of storage
  • Plenty of parking (my car, his van, his work trailer)
  • Fully fenced yard for my pooch
  • Plenty of space for my pooch 
  • Extra rooms for my craft area and his music room
  • Close to our gym
  • Move in September

We got EVERYTHING on that list and then some! Including a covered patio with plenty of space for outdoor dining. Two driveways, one partially covered so I never have to walk in the rain from car-to-home. And just 5 minutes from the freeway (but you can't even tell)!

We're so excited!

It's a little crazy right now. Not only do we have this move coming up -- which means WE NEED TO PACK!!! We also have our trip to Yellowstone happening just one week after we move in! PLUS, I just accepted a new job within my company! So I'll be training my replacement, moving my office at the end of the month and learning a new job.

"You're leaving me?!"  I really am going to miss this face!

Yikes! I still can't believe how it all just came together. :)  I was so lucky to have those random days off (the post had only been up for 1 day). I was also lucky to have just gone to the bank, so I had cash on hand to put down a deposit and guarantee our rental. Had I not had too much caffeine that day, I would've been sleeping instead of searching Craigslist and it probably would've been rented to someone else.

Crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! So much great news and you are going to be one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails