Sunday, September 16, 2012

Meanwhile, at Yellowstone...

Yellowstone is such a fascinating place! I'm so glad we not only decided to visit the park, but that we decided to stay for so long.

So far we've seen:
Hundreds of bison
Herds of elk
2 coyotes
1 moose
4 ruffed grouse
4 sandhill cranes
Herds of pronghorn deer (antelope)
1 golden eagle
1 bald eagle
1 red-tailed hawk
1 osprey
Several chipmunks
Lots of ravens
Throngs of tourists
1 large forest fire :(
A bunch of horses (1 from the saddle!)
and a multitude of geysers/hot springs

*edited to add- today we saw 3 wolves and 5 grizzlies fighting over a bison carcass!! Amazing!!

Oh! And I highly recommend a visit to the park if you can swing it!

Ps these pics are all Instagram/iPhone cuz I didn't bring my laptop. I'll have tons of "real camera" pics to share in a couple weeks!

11 comments:

  1. Amazing Photos, oh how I envy you :)

    It is on my bucket list, LOL!!! :)

    Thanks for sharing those beautiful photos :)

    Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! I can't wait to visit again! I hope you get to cross it off your list!

      Delete
  2. Very cool photos.. love that you've seen all of those animals, very jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thanks! I highly recommend a visit if you can make it there!

      Delete
  3. SO FUN!! Love your pictures :)
    www.yorucharmedlifeblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails