Thursday, October 11, 2012

Gettin' All Halloweeny

It's that time of year again -- the time when I get a little crazy with the costumes and office decorations.

If you've been reading my blog for a bit, you'll know I tend to go a bit overboard with Halloween.

No sheet ghosts here, buddy!

(costume + decor from 2010 ... More pics posted HERE)

Last year's costume was fun -- but it made me realize that heavy makeup + 9 hour work shift = adult acne breakouts! No es bueno!

This year, my co-worker and I have hatched a pretty good scheme for our halloween cubicle decor + costume. This year's 1st place prize is a $200 gift card of choice. Whoa!

Of course, it's super top secret because we don't want any competitors trying to come up with something better. But I promise I will post pics once the day has come and gone (and hopefully once we've won)!

Will you be dressing up this year? Do you already have your costume planned?

8 comments:

  1. I love the CSI costume! I was going to make my own koopa costume, but I found a cheap, cute (and a bit sexy) Alice in Wonderland costume. I know it's a really common costume, but I've never been Alice before. :)

    http://bethsquidly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I usually try to make mine by putting together found items. But one of my faves was a store-bought Mary Katherine Gallagher (from SNL) costume. Lots of fun!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see what you come up with! I love Halloween and I really enjoy other people's enthusiasm for the greatest of holidays. I am as of yet still undecided, but I'm a last-minute kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The great thing about Halloween is you can still pull stuff together last minute! Check out Pinterest - there's usually some great ideas on there!

      Delete
  3. awesome!! I so wanted to be freddy this year but couldnt bring myself to coughing up the 60$ for the outfit..But...its never to late ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ouch, pricey! I bet you could just buy the mask and make the rest of the costume yourself! haha -- maybe a "sexy Freddy" that'd be funny!

      Delete
  4. love the CSI costume. We got invited to a halloween party for the first time in years and actually have to dress up- i found a candy corn skirt tutorial on pinterest so i decided we will go as candy corn and the cany pumpkins :) haha. maybe a little cheesy, but i love candy corn!!!

    cant wait to see your costume
    ohscrapthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cute!! I saw a great Mary Poppins + Bert costume on Pinterest. One of these years I'll convince the boypiece to do that with me :)

      Delete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails