Sunday, April 7, 2013

40 Before 40 Update



It's been a while since I've referenced my list of 40 

things to do before I turn 40. I'll be 39 in just a few 

short months, so here is my progress report. It's a 

shame that I was thisclose to checking off "See the 

Grand Canyon" but the North Rim entrance was 

closed!!



1. Learn a new language (I forget most of the Japanese I studied in school - I want to try Italian)
2. Take a cooking class
3. Perfect a dessert recipe
4. Take a fencing class
5. Swing on a trapeze
6. Run a 5k
7. Run a 10k
8. Complete the Warrior Dash
9. Learn a ballroom dance
10. Take a hot air balloon ride
11. Ride in a bi-plane
12. Take a train trip (I did this when I was a kid, but I want to do it again!)
13. See the Arches in Utah (I saw some arches, but not at Arches National Park!)
14. Visit the Grand Canyon
15. Write/send more letters in the mail
16. Learn to knit or crochet
17. Upgrade to a nicer SLR camera done!
18. Finish the rap video
19. Take a pottery class
20. Plant a full garden done!
21. Reconnect with my biological father We are back in touch and have seen each other a few times
22. Start a retirement fund - actually save money I now have a 401k and a savings account
23. Get braces I got Invisalign!
24. Visit Yellowstone Best trip of my life, so far!
25. Get to and maintain 140lbs weight
26. Eat healthier
27. Get something published My embroidery work was published in a DIY magazine by BHG!
28. Invest in stocks Opened a Scottrade account, ready to make my first investment!
29. Reach 1000 blog followers (just hit 400!)
30. Reach 100 sales in BOTH Etsy shops (I've reached this goal in my Little Gray Fox shop, but not yet in my Little Foto Fox shop)
31. Hang my photography at an art show
32. Bikini wax (I want to try it at least once!)
33. Make a pizza from scratch
34. Go to my highschool reunion I went and had a lot of fun!
35. Learn how to use my sewing machine
36. Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator Still learning - there's a lot to it!
37. Complete the 30-day Yoga Challenge
38. Try to go 30 days without sugar
39. Learn how to swim - not just doggy paddle
40. Go on a plane again  I did it! My new job required travel so I gone on several plane rides in the past 6 months!

Wow! Seeing it all typed out makes me realize just how many things I accomplished in less than a year! Maybe hitting my goal won't be an impossible feat!

Have you made a goal list for yourself? Feel free to share it in the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. wow well done! it's never occurred to me to make a list, mine would have to be things to do before I'm 60...but not 60 things, surely!
    I'm pretty content at the moment though, I think my main wishlist revolves around a need for grandchildren...and there isn't an awful lot I can do about that!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails