Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Laptop = No Excuses?

I was actually pretty excited to share my 25 days of Craftmas with everyone. I had completed and photographed 11 of the 25 projects prior to my laptop completely dying on me.

I'm still not sure what happened, but I suppose it was its time. So Craftmas was canceled until I could come up with a new way to edit photos and post blog entries. I did end up buying myself a new laptop, but by the time that happened, I was too busy to edit photos and post blog entries. Oops!

So now I have this new fangled, wide screen laptop. It's super slick and has Windows 8 (which I'm still getting used to). I suppose this means I at least need to try to post more often, try to get back into the swing of things.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the rest of the projects I had photographed. Since they were all holiday-themed, I may just have to wait until next December before I share them with you.

My big beef here is that I'm not totally sold on this laptop. I've always had a Sony Vaio and this time I bought a Lenovo ideapad. It was mainly due to it's huge screen. Since I don't use my desktop computer anymore, and the Vaios are so small, I thought this would be better for photo editing. My issue is the screen colors. Your options are to turn the brightness way up, or have a fairly dark screen. For the life of me, I can't figure out how to get enough contrast without going too dark, or get enough brightness without everything being washed out! Currently, it's set to full wash-out status and it sucks!

Now when I try to edit photos, I can't really tell what it's going to look like until I view them on my phone or my work computer. Seems pretty lame for the amount of money I threw down. I never had color issues with my Sony computers.

Anybody else out there own a Lenovo and have the same problem? Is this possibly an issue with Windows 8?

1 comment:

  1. Transitioning from one brand to another can really make you notice the difference in their features and functionality. Regardless, of what computer you use, it would be nice to always have a back-up for your files in order to avoid loss of important data.

    Ruby Badcoe

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails