Sunday, January 18, 2015

A Week of Pinterest Wins and Fails

Do you guys remember the "good ol' days of Pinterest"? You know, the ones where the photos were beautifully curated?  My how things have changed!

The other day I was scrolling through the DIY & Crafts section and landed on a Pin called "How to treat a bullet wound", complete with a close-up photo of a bloody gunshot wound and some sort of gauze.

There it sat, nestled between a tutorial on how to make a child's hair bow and a glue gun snowflake.

It was pretty nasty and certainly not your typical DIY!

Nowadays, there's a lot of bullshit on Pinterest and it can be hard to differentiate between a real, tested tutorial and a complete fake. I'm sure you've all seen the dandelion on fire, right? Total photoshop manipulation. Luckily, more and more blogs and YouTube channels are being created to help guide you through the too-good-to-be-true tutorials and help you find out if it will really work, before you waste money buying all the items needed.

Lately, I've been using Pinterest to find more recipes. When I'm in a pinch, I'll type in a couple of ingredients as keywords to try to find something quick to whip up. Sometimes I actually get better info from the comments posted, more so than in the recipe itself!

So in the spirit of tweaking tutorials and recipes to fit your own needs, or just make general improvements, I bring you: A Week of Pinterest Wins and Fails! Recipes or tutorials that I tried that were either a complete success or a major bust!


First up: Bacon Grease Candles 

Check out tomorrow's post for my attempt and find out if it was a win or a fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails