Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pinterest Wins and Fails: Day 4

I ended up skipping town last week and headed down to Portland for an extended weekend visit with my niece. So I was unable to wrap up my Pinterest series.

But now I'm back (Portland was gorgeous!) and ready to finish sharing my wins and fails with you!

Day 4: Weaving 

Oh boy, this one was a doozy! Weaving your own wall hanging is all the hippie rage these days. And with a large amount of beautiful Pinterest tutorials on the subject, I figured it was going to be really easy.

Apparently, I am not a natural weaver, if that's an actual thing.

Spoiler alert: I don't crochet or knit; I should have seen the outcome from a galaxy away!

Since my main craft these days is embroidery, I didn't have any yarn on hand. What a shame, guess a trip to the craft store was necessary (wheeeee!).

I bought some fun yarn, not having any clue about what would work best. I also picked up some larger needles.

The tutorials were fairly easy to follow along with. I think my biggest obstacle was with tightening each row. I'm pretty sure I used every bit of muscle to yank the yarn through to the other side. And in the end, instead of a lovely rectangular woven masterpiece, I ended up with a furry teepee.


What a mess!

This fail is ALL MY FAULT! I probably need to be more patient. I definitely need to choose the correct materials next time. And I should also start with some sort of idea of what I want my finished piece to look like.


Here's hoping my next attempt will be less misshapen! If you've got any tips or tricks on how to make one of these turn out fabulous, I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

Check back for my next Pinterest-y test when I try my hand at making soap!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails