Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Cardigan Clip Tutorial

I've been pining away for some funky cardigan clips ever since Glee came on the air. If you do a Google search for "sweater clip diy" you'll see lots of great variations on the clips. I kept mine fairly plain and simple.

Tip: Make sure you get a pair of clip-on earrings that have holes!

You can re-purpose an old necklace or start from scratch. I decided to finally make my own after a quick trip to the thrift store over the weekend.Once you have the supplies, you can do this is in about 10-15 minutes!

What you'll need:
  • pliers
  • wire cutters
  • jump rings (2)
  • chains
  • thrifted clip-on earrings (1 pair)

How to make it:

    • First, grab the jump rings and thread them through the hole in the back of each earring.
    • Next, cut your chains to size. I used three chains of differing length. You may want to hold them up to your sweater to test the length. 
    • Now add your chains to the jump rings on each side.
    • Close the jump rings and -- TADA!! A new cardigan clip!!

    Have you tried making these yet? I'd love to see your version! I wish I had some chunky beads to add to the chains :)

    8 comments:

    1. Awesome tutorial! I so want to do this. You gonna Rick yours to worky?

      ReplyDelete
    2. haha yeah! I'm totally gonna Rick Schroder it to work, as soon as I have the need to wear a sweater again! (which I hope is not soon at all!)

      ReplyDelete
    3. awesome. i've been wanting one of these. thanks for sharing the project.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh my gosh! I love everything about your blog!!!

      ReplyDelete
    5. awww thank you!! I'm glad you found it! :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. I've wanted to make a sweater clip for ages, I think your post will finally get me to do it!

      Curiously, Kimberly

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Fabulous! your comment reminded me that I need to make more! :)

        Delete

    Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

    Related Posts with Thumbnails