Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Made Wednesday: Paper Doll Tutorial + Template!

Okay so I can finally show you my tutorial that I hinted at, here!

It's a movable paper doll! 

This tutorial came about last week when I searched Etsy for some last minute birthday gifts. I found the cutest paper dolls!  Unfortunately, I didn't have time to buy them and have it shipped in time for her birthday.

So I decided to make my own. 


I drew up a couple of silly doll ideas and cut them out. Then I colored them in.

Quick Tip: Save some time by drawing and coloring your design on your computer...then print in color! My neck really hurt after a while hunched over with colored pencils!!


I decided to help make it a little easier for you by offering a template of my Oktoberfest Fox! Click the pic below for the full sized view. You can right click and save it to your desktop :)



You can choose to use either the blank template or the completed fox outfit. Once you print it out, color it in or make your own design.

Here's what you'll need:
  • thick cardstock paper (white)
  • colored pencils, crayons, etc (or print in color)
  • scissors
  • pencil (if you want to sketch out your design)
  • pin or needle
  • metal brads (you can find these in the scrapbooking aisle of any craft store!)








Sorry about the different sizes on the instructions :) I'd love to see your versions or let me know if you've made one before! 


Have fun!

5 comments:

  1. i love love LOVE mine so much!!! thank you! <3

    and now maybe i'll make them so friends... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Oktoberfest fox is hilarious... The bear reminds me of the Soviet Circus!

    Thank you for the tutorial! I've been meaning to create one of these for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I would love to share this on my next DIY Tutorials post on my blog (next week). :)

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha weird amiga- exactly my thoughts! Maybe I should've made a bear on a unicycle...

    @Marilyn, that would be wonderful! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I make paper dolls too..most of mine are girlies. They are addictive! I remember my mom cutting out the "hand holding" paper doll chains for me to color when I was little..I did them for my kids too!

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails