Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Holiday DIY: Felt Tree Tutorial

Here's another quick holiday DIY tutorial for you! :)


These felt trees use very few supplies, but they do take a bit of time.

Supplies needed:
  • 1 Styrofoam Cone (found at your local craft store)
  • 5-6 sheets of felt
  • scissors
  • pearl head pins (find these in the sewing section - in different colors and sizes)
I chose white felt and multi-colored pins. I think they would look great in all white felt with all gold head pins. Or green with white...etc. The options are almost endless :)


Start by cutting your felt sheets into 1 inch wide strips.

Next, cut each strip into squares.
Then, cut each square into a circle. If you have a circle cutter tool, this could help speed up the process. I cut all my circles by hand! Yikes!

Take a circle and fold it in half, the fold in half again. It should look like a fortune cookie.

Next, stick a pin through the middle two layers of felt and bring out the back.


Pin the felt to the tree. Be sure to fill in all the blank spots so the green foam doesn't show through.


You can pin the circles to the top or add a star or other ornament.



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. How lovely! (:
    I will definitely try this! :D

    Thanks for sharing! You make lovely stuff.
    xoxo

    P.S. I use Sketchbook Pro and Pixelmator for my drawings! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! and thanks for the info! I don't have a mac so I'll need to find a good alternative to pixelmator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most beautiful little tree ever! LOVE. You are super talented, sweetie. Muah

    ReplyDelete
  4. ME ENCANTO SIRVE PARA EL ESCRITORIO¡¡¡¡

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails