Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

And The Beat Goes On

I finally finished my entry for the PlushYou! Battle of the Bands contest. The contest rules were to choose a band who has played Seattle's music festival, Bumbershoot, at some point in the past, and make a plush doll in their likeness. I chose Courtney Love of Hole. I actually like their music and used to sing a couple Hole songs at karaoke. So it was a lot of fun to try to make it.  I am not normally a plushie artist. I kinda suck at it. But I still think it turned out pretty good :)  Whaddya  think?




I also wanted to say thanks to everyone who participated in the Crafty Challenge #2. Creating this doll has inspired me to come up with the next challenge theme. So without further ado.... the Crafty Challenge #3 theme is....

"Someday You Will Ache Like I Ache"

These are lyrics from Hole's song, "Doll Parts".  The deadline for Crafty Challenge #3 is Friday, October 15th. That gives you a little over a month to create your interpretation of the theme using any medium you choose. On the deadline date, you will make a blog post and add it to the McLinky Tool I'll put up on my blog. Further instructions on that date....Good luck and have fun getting crafty!

Now I gotta get back to my waiting around on jury duty...hoorah!  

3 comments:

  1. oooh i like it! strange cause i just found my hole CD and brought it to work today...

    ReplyDelete

Comment ♥ is much appreciated! I ♥ your feedback and just knowing someone is out there reading my little blog! Thanks for your support! If you have your own blog, feel free to leave a link in your comment so I can check it out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails